The TRANSITREFUND.COM website was created to help remind transit riders of potential refunds they can claim from official 3rd party transit websites. The following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service") govern your access to, and use of, the TRANSITREFUND.COM website ("TransitRefund ") operated by GOOB Development Inc. ("GOOB").
Acceptance of Terms
1. By using and/or visiting TransitRefund (collectively, including all content available through the TRANSITREFUND.COM domain names and any country-specific domains or subdomains thereof), you signify your agreement to (1) these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"), (2) The TransitRefund privacy notice and incorporated here by reference. If you do not agree to any of these terms, please do not use this service.
2. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version at TransitRefund. GOOB may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
1. These Terms of Service apply to all users of TransitRefund, including users who are also contributors of text content, information, and other materials or services.
2. TransitRefund may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by GOOB has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, GOOB will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using TransitRefund, you expressly relieve GOOB from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
General Use of TransitRefund
GOOB hereby grants you permission to access and use TransitRefund as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
1. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of TransitRefund, without GOOB’s prior written authorization.
2. You agree not to alter or modify any part of TransitRefund.
3. You agree not to access TransitRefund Content through any technology or means other than the site itself.
4. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses TransitRefund in a manner that sends more request messages to the GOOB servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from TransitRefund, nor to use the communication systems provided by TransitRefund (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of TransitRefund.
5. In your use of TransitRefund, you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, and all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
6. GOOB reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the TransitRefund Websites at any time.
Use of Content on TransitRefund
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on TransitRefund.
1. The content on TransitRefund including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein ("Marks"), are owned by or licensed to GOOB, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content on TransitRefund.com are provided to you AS IS for your information and may not be downloaded, copied, modified, produced, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, translated, published, performed or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. GOOB reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to TransitRefund.com and the Content.
2. You may access TransitRefund Content only as permitted under this Agreement. GOOB reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the TransitRefund Content and the TransitRefund Service.
3. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, or copying obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes.
4. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of TransitRefund or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of TransitRefund or the Content therein.
5. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against GOOB with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold GOOB, TRANSITREFUND, its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
Fees and Payment
Optional premium paid services may be available. By selecting a premium service you agree to pay GOOB the fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on the day you sign up for a premium service and will cover the use of that service until its benefits are depleted. Premium service fees are not refundable.
Notice Regarding Electronic Payment Vendors
Users should be aware some payments may be processed through Stripe or other electronic payment vendors. TransitRefund may also provide applications and other services to merchants related to payment processing. Payments may not be processed for certain activities, such as for illegal or other prohibited activities. If you have a question as to whether a payment will be accepted, then we encourage you to check the policies of the applicable vendor.
You relationship with the electronic payment vendors is separate from your relationship with GOOB and is governed by the terms and conditions contained in such vendor’s agreement. Such terms and conditions are available at the respective vendor’s website. GOOB is not responsible for the actions or omissions of any third party payment processor.
1. In order to access some features on TransitRefund, you will have to create an account. You may never use another's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information.
2. Although GOOB will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of GOOB or others due to such unauthorized use.
3. You will not create an account if you are under 13 years of age.
4. You will not use TransitRefund if you are a convicted sex offender.
5. You are encouraged to create no more than one TransitRefund account. Using multiple accounts for any malicious activity will result in immediate account termination.
6. The administration of the site reserves the right to terminate any account without notice.
Account Termination Policy
GOOB will terminate a User's access to TransitRefund if, under appropriate circumstances, the User is determined to be an infringer.
This Agreement does not transfer from GOOB to you any of its or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with GOOB.
As GOOB asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by TransitRefund violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify GOOB. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of GOOB or others, it may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of TransitRefund. In the case of such termination, GOOB will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to it.
Warranty and Condition Disclaimers
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF TRANSITREFUND SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GOOB, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND PARTNERS (INCLUDING MANUFACTURERS OF DEVICES THAT EXECUTE MOBILE APPLICATIONS ACCESSING TRANSITREFUND) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, LEGAL, STATUTORY, CONTRACTUAL, EXTRA-CONTRACTUAL, DELICTUAL OR IN TORT, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR THE PARTIES' CONDUCT OR COMMUNICATION WITH ONE ANOTHER, OR AS A RESULT OF THE NATURE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF OR IN CONFORMITY WITH USAGE, EQUITY OR LAW OR OTHERWISE. GOOB MAKES NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF TRANSITREFUND EMAILS AND CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY, BODILY, MORAL OR MATERIAL DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF TRANSITREFUND, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM TRANSITREFUND, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA TRANSITREFUND. GOOB EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, WORKMANSHIP, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE AND OWNERSHIP. GOOB DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH TRANSITREFUND OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND GOOB WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE PROVISIONS OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GOOB, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY, BODILY, MORAL OR MATERIAL DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF TRANSITREFUND, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM TRANSITREFUND, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH TRANSITREFUND BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA TRANSITREFUND, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR THE PARTIES' CONDUCT OR COMMUNICATION WITH ONE ANOTHER, OR AS A RESULT OF THE NATURE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IN CONFORMITY WITH USAGE, EQUITY OR LAW OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GOOB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER MATERIAL OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. GOOB makes no representations that TRANSITREFUND is appropriate or available for use in their locations. Those who access or use TRANSITREFUND do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TransitRefund, GOOB, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the TransitRefund Websites and service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your User Material caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the TransitRefund.com Websites and service.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the TransitRefund Websites are not intended for children under 13.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by GOOB without restriction.
GOOB reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of TransitRefund.com following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LOCAL LAW, YOU AND GOOB AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO TRANSITREFUND MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.